Monday, September 24, 2012


Airplane to Dubai...second to last row...56J


Me and Rev. Marcus Singleton heading out of Atlanta for the next 14 hour flight

First toilet in Dubai...

We are in a VERY nice hotel in Dubai and so far driving in from the airport the city was beautiful.  They have lights everywhere and we are in a urban downtown area...at a Ramada.  I am writing while I am uploading new "white noise" apps on my phone cause my roommate has a cold and I am a SUPER light sleeper.  My old white noise app won't work.  We have the most amazing bath tub in our room...did I say this was a nice hotel. It is HUGE and I totally took a soak and read my book while waiting for me sleeping med's to kick in.  Hopefully now when I hit the sack I will be out until morning.  

Tomorrow we have a tour that begins at 9:15 our time...middle of the night for you all.  And we are to go riding over the desert dunes and then have a BBQ dinner with belly dancing!

Anyway we came to Dubai to first experience some of the luxury of the Middle East...that will make the poverty all the more real in two days.  To see how wealth that is absolutely over the top can be nestled right next to the poorest of the poor is the whole point of this trip.  

Well I need to try and sleep even though with ear plugs in, and white noise blaring I can still hear my roommate...good thing I liked that bath tub, cause I seriously might be sleeping in it tonight!  Do you feel my pain Steve...miss you!

No comments:

Post a Comment