Sunday, September 30, 2012

I wrote a much longer post, but after rereading it its pretty critical and I thought this is what I can share right now...

And again I think the most frustrating thing is that I couldn’t serve there feeling joyful or happy about it.  These are not children I look forward to remembering not because they are not loveable, but because it hurts to know they exist.  It hurts to remember their faces and to know how inadequate I felt in their presence.  I couldn’t even change their clothes or feed them without bringing discomfort to them.

(Trying to stay positive, but slipping at the moment.)

2 comments:

  1. I am praying for you my dear dear friend. Love you and miss you TONS! Love, Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dwight and I are reading your blog daily and I am praying for you. You were the subject of our conversation tonight in the kitchen as we prepared dinner and had our nightly talk... how wonderful that our minister is actually in Calcutta with experiences to share to our children and youth, and how fantastic that our church is one that meets the needs of everyone here in the states. As a mother, I can't imagine what you must be feeling, a far cry from Vestavia East. All of us need a little of that feeling....

    ReplyDelete